Tuesday, November 17, 2009

To Err is Human. To Run is Crime.

Today morning when I was on the way to work, I witnessed an incident. It was bad enough that I could not throw the thoughts out which are actually now becoming shallow in my mind & heart.

Our car was nearly 500 meters way when I saw that a Car stopped for a fraction of a minute and zoomed quickly. The sound directed me to the scene and as I saw the car roving, I noticed that there was kid of approximately aged 8-10 on the road crying helplessly signaling his right arm is in deep pain. While I was disturbed and reached closer, a man rushed towards him, he probably knew the kid (may be they were from one of the families staying at the roadside) and took him. We felt so helpless and void inside. At one point during those rush of events…I felt ashamed of being human thinking if it’s we-the human beings then who else shall take the responsibility. But I am sure, whoever that gentleman was, he/she would never be able to get out of this guilt of not hitting the one but from being running from there.
I just pray to God, for the little kid. May he be blessed with good health always.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Jigyasa,

You are really idealist to think that person who hit that child will ever have any qualms. He or she must be gloating for getting away without any problem. Sad, but this is today's life.

Take care